A squat feat match for a longtime title in powerlifting.
Some powerlifters seemingly have an excellent ardour and vitality for displaying their power below a giant highlight. German athlete Sonja Stefanie Krüger is perhaps one in every of them. Krüger is simply 22 years outdated, however has already had over 60 aggressive powerlifting appearances since her debut in June 2014. Krüger’s newest stellar efficiency is a yet one more instance of top-level lifting.
Throughout the 2022 IPF Outfitted World Championships on Nov. 16, 2022, in Viborg, Denmark, Krüger efficiently locked out an outfitted World File squat of 280.5 kilograms (618.4 kilos) within the 76-kilogram weight class. (Word: On the time of this text’s publication, the competitors continues to be underway, making it unclear the place Krüger has completed in her class.)
The video of Krüger’s astonishing squat isn’t solely noteworthy for its showcase of dynamic leg power on a world lifting platform. As quickly as Krüger completed her rep, she stepped away from her loaded barbell, clearly overjoyed as she proceeded to leap round in place in pleasure.
Considerably not like different opponents on the 2022 IPF Outfitted Worlds, a look at Krüger’s resume on Open Powerlifting will denote she primarily competes whereas outfitted. Of these talked about 60-plus aggressive appearances, Krüger wasn’t outfitted in simply 18 of them.
Right here’s an summary of a number of the extra notable outcomes from Krüger’s official powerlifting ledger:
Sonja Stefanie Krüger | Notable Profession Outcomes
- 2014 Bundesverband Deutscher Kraftdreikämpfer (BVDK) Hessiche Meisterschaft im Kreuzheben (Youth/Uncooked) — First place | First profession victory
- 2014 International Powerlifting Committee (GPC) World Championships (Youth/Wraps) — First place
- 2015-2016, 2018-2019 IPF World Bench Press Championships (Sub-Juniors/Outfitted; Juniors/Outfitted) — First place
- 2015-2016 IPF World Basic Powerlifting Championships (Sub-Juniors/Uncooked) — First place
- 2016 European Powerlifting Federation (EPF) European Basic Powerlifting Championships (Sub-Juniors/Uncooked) — First place
- 2019 EPF European Outfitted Powerlifting Championships (Juniors/Outfitted) — First place
- 2021 IPF World Powerlifting Championships (Open/Outfitted) — Second place
- 2022 EPF Outfitted European Powerlifting Championships (Open/Outfitted) — First place
Krüger isn’t any stranger to report lifts. The athlete is now the outfitted IPF squat World File holder within the 69-kilogram (260 kilograms/573.2 kilos), 76-kilogram (280.5 kilograms/618.4 kilos), and 84-kilogram (275 kilograms/507 kilos) divisions. She additionally possesses the outfitted IPF World File bench press (182.5 kilograms/402.3 kilos) within the 69-kilogram division, which doubles because the outfitted Single Bench Press IPF World File.
Right here’s a rundown of Krüger’s all-time outfitted competitors bests:
Sonja Stefanie Krüger | Outfitted All-Time Competitors Bests
- Squat — 280.5 kilograms (618.4 kilos) | IPF World File
- Bench Press — 210 kilograms (462.9 kilos)
- Deadlift — 205.5 kilograms (453 kilos)
- Complete — 685 kilograms (1,510.1 kilos)
Even because the 2022 IPF Outfitted Worlds begin to shut on Nov. 20, 2022, there’s little doubt Krüger’s squat report can be one of many contest’s highlights when all’s stated and accomplished.
Featured picture: theipf on Instagram