Yang’s stellar outcome garnered him his first-ever IPF World Report.
Within the Asian powerlifting circuit, Sen Yang has been a mainstay for fairly a while. He’s a former Asian Powerlifting Federation (AsianPF) World Champion — each as an Geared up (2016-2017, 2019) and Uncooked competitor (2019). Of late, he’s been making a reputation for himself below the worldwide energy highlight.
On Nov. 19, 2022, through the latter portion of the schedule on the 2022 Worldwide Powerlifting Federation (IPF) Geared up World Championships, Yang efficiently locked out a 440.5-kilogram (971.1-pound) geared up squat. The show of leg energy is an all-time IPF World Report within the 120-kilogram weight class, and locations Yang alongside different distinctive rivals who captured geared up World Information on the identical contest. (Be aware: As the ultimate outcomes are calculated, Yang’s actual place and end stay unclear right now.)
In line with the IPF database and Open Powerlifting, this squat World Report for Yang surpasses his earlier finest geared up squat of 440 kilograms (970 kilos) on the 2022 IPF World Video games by half a kilogram. Yang has featured as a simultaneous AsianPF and IPF powerlifter since November 2015 and has typically steadily improved within the years since. The athlete additionally seems humble over his newest achievement, given his quiet bows to the respective spotters for his World Report raise within the clip of the squat.
Right here’s a rundown of among the extra notable outcomes from Yang’s powerlifting resume:
Sen Yang | Notable Profession Outcomes
- 2011 AsianPF Asian Powerlifting Championships (Sub-Juniors/Geared up) — First place | First profession full energy meet victory
- 2016-2017, 2019 Asian PF Asian Powerlifting Championships (Open/Geared up) — First place
- 2016-2017 IPF World Sub-Juniors and Juniors Powerlifting Championships (Juniors/Geared up) — Second place
- 2018 IPF Geared up World Championships (Open/Geared up) — Third place
- 2019 IPF Geared up World Championships (Open/Geared up) — Fourth place
- 2019 AsianPF Asian Traditional Powerlifting Championships (Open/Uncooked) — First place
- 2022 IPF World Video games (Tremendous/Geared up) — Second place
On a pure energy foundation, Yang seems to have a well-rounded profile of energy — even exterior his new IPF World Report squat within the 120-kilogram division. Listed below are the athlete’s all-time geared up competitors bests:
Sen Yang | All-Time Geared up Competitors Bests
- Squat — 440.5 kilograms (971.1 kilos) | IPF World Report
- Bench Press — 322.5 kilograms (711 kilos)
- Deadlift — 332.5 kilograms (733 kilos)
- Whole — 1,095 kilograms (2,414 kilos)
Given the flexibility and aggressive profile Yang has amassed at this stage of his profession, it’s honest to surprise what else he has up his energy sleeve. If he can get a World Report now, he might need opened up a Pandora’s field of pending milestone accomplishments.
Featured picture: theipf on Instagram