Agata Sitko is barely 19-years-old, however she’s already one of many larger upcoming names in powerlifting. On Could 3-8, 2022, the Polish athlete verified that standing with a memorable efficiency in the course of the 2022 European Powerlifting Federation (EPF) European Open, Junior & Sub-Juniors Outfitted Powerlifting Championships.
First, Sitko — who competed within the 84-kilogram weight class — notched a 188-kilogram (414.4-pound) bench press. Whereas the competitors continues to be tallying all particular person scores, that feat would stand as a brand new Junior Worldwide Powerlifting Federation (IPF) World File. Subsequent, she locked out a 251.5-kilogram deadlift (551.4-pound) — one other IPF Junior and Open World File. By the meet’s finish, Sitko logged a 704.5-kilogram complete (1,553.1-pound) — but another IPF Junior and Open World File.
Sitko managed to surpass three separate powerlifters with every of her report lifts.
American athlete LeAnn Ramirez beforehand held the Juniors (84KG) report with a press of 175.5 kilograms (386.9 kilos) on the 2019 IPF World Juniors & Sub-Juniors Championships. Dutch athlete Iris Kensenhuis was the proprietor of the deadlift world report with a pull of 251 kilograms (553.3 kilos) from the 2019 IPF World Powerlifting Championships. Lastly, Canadian powerlifter Rhaea Stinn is not in possession of the world report complete of 685 kilograms (1,510.1 kilos) on the 2019 IPF World Powerlifting Championships.
All of those ladies’s staggering figures now are available second to Sitko. Listed here are the complete stats of Sitko’s efficiency from the meet:
Agata Sitko (84KG) | 2022 EPF European Championships Stats
- Squat — 265 kilograms (584.2 kilos)
- Bench Press — 188 kilograms (414.4 kilos) | IPF Juniors World File
- Deadlift — 251.5 kilograms (551.4 kilos) | IPF Junior & Open World File
- Whole — 704.5 kilograms (1,553.1-pound) | IPF Junior & Open World File
Sitko at a Look
She’s hitting an actual groove of late, however Sitko has been powerlifting professionally for just a few years now. She started her profession in the course of the 2019 PZKFiTS Polish Basic Powerlifting Cup, ending in second place.
In the meantime, Sitko used to compete within the 76-kilogram weight class. It’s right here the place she can also be in possession of a few IPF Juniors World Data — a 230-kilogram deadlift (507-pound) and a 650-kilogram complete (1,433-pound). Sitko set each of these marks on the 2021 IPF World Powerlifting Championships.
Along with her newest EPF competitors, listed below are some extra notable outcomes from Sitko’s profession:
Agata Sitko | Notable Profession Outcomes
- 2019 PZKFiTS Polish Basic Powerlifting Cup (76KG) — Second place | Uncooked | Juniors
- 2019 PZKFiTS Puchar Polski w Wyciskaniu Leżąc Klasycznym (76KG) — First place | Uncooked | Juniors
- 2021 EPF European Open Juniors & Sub-Juniors Powerlifting Championships (76KG) — First place | Single | Juniors
- 2021 IPF World Juniors Sub-Juniors & Masters Championships (76KG) — Second place | Single | Juniors
- 2021 IPF World Basic Powerlifting Championships (76KG) — Second place | Uncooked | Juniors
- 2021 IPF World Powerlifting Championships (76KG) — First place | Uncooked | Open
- 2021 PZKFiTS Puchar Polski w Trójboju Siłowym Klasycznym (76KG) — First place | Uncooked | Juniors/Open
- 2022 EPF European Open Juniors & Sub-Juniors Powerlifting Championships (84KG) — First place | Uncooked | Juniors
On the time of writing, Sitko has not formally introduced when she’ll step onto a sanctioned lifting platform once more. Although, if her profession historical past is any indication, it could be protected to imagine she’ll take part within the upcoming 2021 IPF World Basic Powerlifting Championships on June 6-12, 2022, in Solar Metropolis, South Africa.
At any time when Sitko does get a barbell into her fingers throughout a contest, fireworks could nicely guarantee.
Featured picture: sitko_powerlifting