Have you ever tried the Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso from Starbucks? It’s so good and as quickly as I tasted it, I knew I wanted to make it at residence too! Brown sugar and a touch of cinnamon present terrific depth of taste for this superior drink.
It’s been a few months and I’m nonetheless amazed by how a lot I’m having fun with this dairy-free iced espresso drink. I’ll without end love my Cafe con Leche, however generally (particularly in the summertime months) iced drinks are the place my coronary heart is.
Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso
My cousin Hannah came visiting a couple of weeks in the past and launched me to the Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso at Starbucks. (Facet word – WHY should their drink names at all times be so darn lengthy and ridiculous to order?)
I do know I’m late to the oatmilk recreation, and also you probably additionally know that I’m a die-hard member of group actual dairy merchandise. Nonetheless, on this drink, the oatmilk contributes a definite taste that I really love. Due to this drink, oat milk has earned a devoted spot in our fridge now.
Newfound love of oatmilk apart, in case you’re solidly within the group dairy class and aren’t fascinated by attempting oatmillk, this drink can be scrumptious with actual milk.
We made our drinks a few other ways whereas Hannah was right here and I’ve been making this shaken espresso every day since then.
Components for Oatmeal Shaken Espresso
- brewed espresso
- gentle or darkish brown sugar
- unsweetened oatmilk
- ice cubes
- floor cinnamon (optionally available)
Oatmilk Shaken Espresso
- Mix the new espresso and the brown sugar in a cup and stir to soften the sugar. (If you want to make a bigger batch recipe, merely multiply this step as desired after which retailer within the fridge.)
- In a cocktail shaker or mason jar, add espresso and ice and shake for 20-30 seconds, till well-chilled. Add oatmilk to style and shake or stir to mix.
- Pour right into a tall glass or insulated cup and sprinkle with a touch of cinnamon.
I exploit a stovetop espresso maker (instructions under) or use the Keurig to brew these Lavazza Espresso Cups. If you’re fortunate sufficient to have a fancy espresso machine at residence, positively use it.
Alternatively, you’ll be able to merely brew your favourite espresso additional strongly.
There actually isn’t a flawed approach to make this iced espresso latte. The recipe is totally adaptable to be made with what you’ve got readily available and to your personal tastes.
Starbucks Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso
The recipe right here is the copycat technique really helpful on the Starbucks web site. Nonetheless, I’ve additionally made this with Brown Sugar Syrup and it’s scrumptious that method too.
You should utilize gentle or darkish brown sugar on this recipe. Darkish brown sugar will present a richer caramel taste in comparison with gentle brown.
When first attempting this drink, I discovered it best to regulate the extent of sweetness when utilizing the syrup. The quantity under is ideal for me although (simply barely sweetened) and it’s the easier recipe I selected to make use of for on a regular basis iced coffees.
Learn how to Make Brown Sugar Syrup
To make Brown Sugar Syrup, you’ll merely mix equal elements brown sugar and water in a small saucepan. Convey to a boil and simmer till the sugar has dissolved and the syrup thickens barely.
This could solely take a couple of minutes. Enable the syrup to chill and pour the syrup into an hermetic container. Retailer within the fridge till prepared to make use of.
How To Use A Stovetop Espresso Maker
- Fill the underside portion of the three cup stovetop espresso maker with water, to simply under the valve. (If utilizing a 6 cup pot, double the substances.)
- Place the filter into the pot and scoop 1 tablespoon of espresso into the pot. Screw the highest half of the espresso make onto the underside half after which place the stuffed pot onto a range burner. Place it with the deal with dealing with off the aspect of the burner, in order that it doesn’t get too scorching. (You’ll nonetheless want a scorching pad!)
- Set the burner to medium (medium-high on my present range, however I used medium on my different range). Inside about 10 minutes, the espresso may have pushed by means of the filter and stuffed the highest of the pot.
- Take away it from the warmth as quickly because the pot is full, don’t let the espresso boil or it’ll burn.
Forestall your display screen from going darkish
Mix the new espresso and the brown sugar in a cup and stir to soften the sugar. (If you want to make a bigger batch recipe, merely multiply this step as desired after which retailer within the fridge.)
In a cocktail shaker or mason jar, add espresso and ice and shake for 20-30 seconds, till well-chilled. Add oatmilk to style and shake or stir to mix.
Pour right into a tall glass or insulated cup and sprinkle with a touch of cinnamon. Take pleasure in!
Energy: 123kcal · Carbohydrates: 25g · Protein: 3g · Fats: 2g · Sodium: 101mg · Potassium: 96mg · Fiber: 1g · Sugar: 21g · Vitamin A: 354IU · Calcium: 265mg · Iron: 1mg